Friday 24 May 2013

Review - Revlon Eclectic and Dreamer Nail Enamel

Newly Purchased Nails Polish!

I love these colours! I bought Revlon's 580 Eclectic and 410 Dreamer recently, and they are honestly the most beautiful dark pastels. I don't own many pastels, so these colours are a great addition to my nail polish collection.

Revlon 580 Eclectic (Darker in person)
Revlon 410 Dreamer
First of all, I would love to state that I got these babies for $2.99 ea!
That's right! They were originally $7.99 each, but they were on sale for $5.99 plus I had a coupon for buy one get one free! So I basically got them for $2.99 each (: *happy dance*

Continue reading for the reviews of these Revlon nail polishes (:

Review - Revlon 580 Eclectic 
Revlon 580 Eclectic is not your typical mint colour. It is actually quite dark compared to Revlon Minted.
The colour payoff isn't really a true mint colour. It is a lot more green than expected when looking at the nail polish bottle itself. BUT, since it is a darker minty-green I do like this more than a typical mint colour just because it does give off a very unique colour.
My Manicure of the Week~* - Revlon 580 Eclectic

Here to the right is a picture of the nail polish through Instagram. Although a filter is used, I tried to get the true colour of the polish.

** Sorry for my short nails D: I'm trying to reshape.  Ever since I chipped my index finger's nail, I had to clip them all down **

My only downside of this polish is that the formula is so runny and thin. I had to put on 3 coats instead of 2 to produce a nice pigmented colour. This problem has never occurred to any of my previous Revlon nail polishes before. I did shake the polish several times before usage, but it still was very runny and thin. I noticed that even after 1 coat, I knew the formula of Eclectic would need at least 3 coats.
I hope Revlon didn't change their formula. But since this is a new shade... I don't know. Don't wanna think about it! D:

My Ups:
  • Unique minty dark-green
  • Beautiful colour payoff
  • It's Revlon (honestly.. I love Revlon brand nail polishes) :p
My Downs:
  • Formula - too runny and thin *so sad*
  • Requires many coats to achieve great colour payoff
My recommendation is to definitely purchase this polish. 
Although it make require you to do a 3rd or 4th coat. It's still worth it because of the unique dark pastel colour.


Review - Relvon 410 Dreamer

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this colour. The pastel blue is just gorgeous. It's so gorgeous that it's one of those colours that can just survive on its own. No need to dress this one up!
My Manicure of the Week ~* - Revlon 410 Dreamer

 At the store when I was deciding on which polishes to purchase, the cosmetician recommended this one for me. Honestly, I'm glad she did! It's such a bold basic colour that is perfect for the spring time.

I felt like this polish is just like the other ones I own. It only took 2 coats to achieve this look, not 3.

** Side Note: ... I miss my long nails D: **



My Ups:
  • Beautiful colour payoff
  • Only 2 coats
My Downs:
  • None!
My recommendation is to definitely purchase this polish
Love this blue colour, so gorgeous and bold!

I have to say that these polishes were a great find. Thank you Revlon, keep them coming!
What do you think of Eclectic and Dreamer? Leave a comment below (:

~SheiBwah~*